The Week In Review
- First, jackwad, if you decide to go to Ton Kiang when it is butt ass cold outside, suck it up and stand the fuck OUT.SIDE. 'Cause guess what pretty pretty princess? Even though you think you are more important than everyone else, here's a news flash. YOU'RE NOT. I'm talking about you, blocking the door in and out with your thirteen hundred family members and your forty-seven double wide strollers, preventing anyone else from getting in or out, pushing into the restaurant so the lovely folk with their tasty dumplings can't get back to me patiently waiting at my corner table. That's bad enough, but what's worse is your dumbass son elbowing another diner in the face and your fat ass slamming up against some poor sap's chair while he's munching on some cha siu bao. After patiently waiting his turn. OUTSIDE. I hate you. And in the words of Corky St.Clair, I hate you and your ass face. (Side note: Jon says that should we ever have offspring, they are so screwed because we will hold them to a higher standard of courtesy than the rest of the world holds themselves. Tough titty.)
- I also hate January (lots of hate going on up in here these days) because nothing good is in season, and all the good stuff that remains is getting murdered by this freakishly cold weather. It is also historically my worst work month, hence the lack o' posts. Fuck January.
- We went to Kiss last night for Jon's birthday and did the omakase for the first time. After two prior visits of sushi and sashimi only, we realized this is the way to go, because it ended up costing the same as what we normally spend there anyway. Plus, Naka-san's crazy fabulousity really shines when you kick it omakase style.
- We also went to Sebo earlier in the week, and as it is closer to my house than Kiss, it will probably see more of my business. I can see pissing through my life's savings on o-toro there, and not regretting it for one second. Amazing fish. Truly. The waitresses can be bitches (unless you really work hard to kiss up to them), so watch out.
- Tomorrow we head out of town, hitting Ad Hoc tomorrow night (recently moved from temporary to permanent status since TK realized he can't open ANYTHING and then expect to take it away from us -- silly, Thomas, temporary restaurants are for street fairs). Then we return to my glorious Cyrus on Saturday night. Why are we doing this? Well, because, it's my fucking birthday on Saturday.
"To eat is a necessity. To eat intelligently is an art."
-- La Rochefoucauld