I've been feeling all thankful and crap as of late, it being the season for that shit and all. Plus, I just love the holiday because it's about food and love and so am I. And really, I have a just a crapload of things to be thankful for. Here's a little sample:
- My kickass husband. He's just so super rad. And he just bought me a pretty pretty princess bracelet as a 10 years together present so I think I'll keep him.
- My students. They rock my world. Let me tell you about how I blubbered like a baby when I saw the kindergarten present their Thanksgiving program that we worked on yesterday.
- My friends. The old ones that for some reason still want to be friends with me, and the new ones who treat me like an old one (got that?).
- Jobs that I love.
- Food, shelter, clothing, etc.
- Most of my family
- All of Jon's family
- An editor who lets me do what I want and never makes fun of me for being the dorkass that I am.
- A city that I love living in, every minute of the day, every day of the year.
- Restaurants (big shocker there).
- The 300+ of you that take time out of each day to visit me in my little space on the web.
More options 6:34 am (1½ hours ago)
We have an option to please your reservation request on
Monday September 18th of 2006, table for 2 people at 8.30 p.m. under the name:
Ferran Adrià will prepare a personalized tasting menu. You will try many different elaborations and it means many different products. It is very important for his confection to know in advance if some problem exists, like allergies or any other product that we could not include for anyone of you.
I wait your news to fix the date and also with regard to this question to fix all the details at your reservation.
I also ask you to give us a direct contact phone number during your time in our area.
Restaurant El Bulli
Cala Montjoi - 17480 Roses
Tel. +34 972 15 04 57
Fax. +34 972 15 07 17
HOLY FUCKING CRAP! I had tiptoed out of the house so as not to wake my mother in law (who is so completely rocktastic that she did ALL of our ironing while we cooked last night). On my way to my car, I peeped my e-mail on my phone. It was then that I saw the above e-mail and just about peed my pants. In fact, I no longer cared about waking anyone, I just dialed up to Jon and screamed "WE GOT A RESERVATION TO EL BULLI" in his sleepy ear.
It is taking every ounce of energy I have right now not to run naked through the streets screaming exclamations of sheer delight.
The added bonus? We were planning to rendez-vous in France with Jon's family around that time anyway. Two birds, one stone and all that shit.
I am so lucky that it should be declared illegal.
Happy Thanksgiving -- I'm sending out some loves for you.
"To eat is a necessity. To eat intelligently is an art."
-- La Rochefoucauld