- I quit writing for examiner.com. I may be a whore, but I'm nobody's slut, and the pay just could not justify the amount of stress it was creating. I found I'd want to write for the blog, because it's a labor of love, but felt like I couldn't because I should be writing for my "paid" outlet (yes, "paid" is in quotations for a reason). So then I would procrastinate and not write at all. Shitacular all around.
- I have a new respect for chefs. Feeding yourself is one thing, but creating a menu for other people, especially if that menu changes every day? It blows. I know, because I'm now making 47 course meals for Diner #3 every day, 3x a day. Kid can eat. If anyone has any creative ideas for a ravenous 10 month old, I'll take 'em (as long as they are not processed pieces of Satan, of course).
- Debbie Phelps moment: Diner #3 sat through a 2 hour meal at A16, ate off the menu and didn't fuss despite it being past bedtime. For all my bitching and moaning about what a shitty sleeper he is, I lucked out in the food department. Thank God, because otherwise I might have lost the will to live. True story.
- Also? Lunchables are every single thing that is wrong with America. Everything. Can someone please help me make that shit illegal? (See: Processed pieces of Satan.)
- I love Dynamo Donut, but I swear they are NEVER open. No Sundays, and when we tried to go yesterday at 7:35 (they supposedly open at 7), also very closed. Why, God, WHY???
- Friday night I had passionfruit bavarian for dinner. Oh yes I did.
- I've barely gotten paid for my book so far. I'm trying to be patient, but my patience is giving out. It is an error of organization as opposed to anything shady, but still, folks, still. I mean that shit came out almost a year ago, yo.
- Waterbar sucks. Bleh. (Maybe more to come, but don't even know that it's worth the effort.)
- Serpentine is doing brunch now -- Hooray!
- South had great food, but the service sucked so bad that even though I want to, I don't think I can go back (more to come on that).
- We're considering having Diner #3's 1st birthday party in a bar. Is that cool or is that CPS worthy?
- I'm thinking about posting about dining out with children, and how not to be the fucktard that everyone hates because their snot-nosed brat is terrorizing the joint -- interested?
- Please vote. For Obama. Please. If you care about anything decent and fair (including food), you will do this. If you are not registered to vote, you can do that here.
- I missed you even if you didn't miss me.
"To eat is a necessity. To eat intelligently is an art."
-- La Rochefoucauld