Party Like a Rock Star, Kick a Little Ass
Sunday was the food bloggers' picnic. Quite frankly, it was so fucking rad that I hardly knew what to do with myself. And, of course, the food was good.
Last year, at the first annual food bloggers' picnic, I knew nary a soul but Sam. This year I was on the mother fuckin' planning committee. How do you like them ta-tas?
Biggles kept all us planning folk on the same page by working his heinie off. And Owen graciously opened his home to us, which I thought was especially rocktastic considering what delinquents we are.
In addition to those sexy sluts I've already mentioned, I got to sweat (it was damn hot) with my homie, Shuna, who not only is a bitchin' pastry chef but also has the finest collection of music on her ipod that one ever did see (she had the Humpty Dance for fuck's sake).
Here are some more folks who were there:
- Pim, who made me smile with her Paris advice accompanied by crispy rice covered in the Thai equivalent of a sloppy joe (and who should send me some Paris tips right now while she is reading this -- hint, hint)
- Penny, another Thai sista who was sweet as could be
- Laura, my Paris homegirl (did I mention she has GREAT hair?)
- Garrett, and Rob, who may just have to tell Sacramento to go fuck itself so they can move down here and play with me.
- Jen, who should also move down here. Now.
- Cookiecrumb and crankycrumb, whom I've always loved but the picnic enabled me to force my love on them
- Tea, who can accompany my cookies anytime
- Amy, who is currently responsible for the fact that I ate THREE Trader Joe's chocolate caramel tartlet cookies yesterday
- Amanda, who I now have three dates with. And, by the way, she is the shiznit.
- Brett, my patron saint when it comes to all things Barcelona, and who made the yummiest crostini. Sadly, wife N stayed home and therefore, I missed her
- Kim, Wendy and Davina, rad, rad and more rad
- Sean, who I barely got to see (guess we'll have to have a winter picnic)
- N S, who I was thrilled to finally meet, and who came to late for me to hang with him much (bastard)
- Derrick and Melissa, with pate! And have I told them lately that I love them?
- Alder and Ruth, and all manner of wine between them
- Mistresses of the internet, Heidi and Elise
- The Bunrabs, who I didn't even get to hug this year, leaving me sadly unsatisfied -- I loves me my Chubby
I brought a fruit salad with ginger syrup and mint. I had planned to bake but ended up occupied on Saturday so the fruit salad was my only contribution. And plates! I brought the plates. Go me.
I had such a good time that after the climax of hanging with all of these people who I love/adore/want-to-make-out-with, I had to go home and take a nap.
I could not be more proud to be a part of the community that holds all of these wonderful, funny, talented, quirky, delicious people.
Now let's start planning next year, my little chalupas!
"To eat is a necessity. To eat intelligently is an art."
-- La Rochefoucauld