Tag I'm It
So a reader of mine (Debbie over at www.ourspecialkids.blogspot.com), tagged me for this meme. I couldn't think of anything better to do than bore you with the sordid details of my life, so here goes:
Four Jobs In My Life
- Working in a beauty supply store in the mall while in high school. We got about 3 customers a day. I mostly spent the time painting my nails and then having sex with my boyfriend in the back room after the store closed. And, yet, somehow, I was still their best employee.
- A nanny. In total, I worked for five families, during summers and as my first "day job" upon moving west. This is what has kept me childless all this time.
- Touring the country doing children's theatre. With a budget of $45 a night to spend on lodging, it's a wonder I didn't return with crabs.
- Working as the office manager for Jon's office. This kicked ass because I barely had to do anything. I mostly planned our wedding and went on auditions during this time. Of course, I wouldn't go back to it even if I could because I ADORE my current "day job" of teaching acting and can't imagine not working with my little cherubs.
Four Films I Could Watch Over and Over
- The Wizard of Oz. I still run screaming and crying from the room when the flying monkeys come on, but I'm a sucker for that yellow brick road.
- Austin Powers. Jon and I watched this EVERY NIGHT during our first two months in SF. We'd make milkshakes, unpack and watch this movie. In fact, I cannot hear the music that accompanies the New Line Cinema intro. without saying "it sounds like home."
- The Apostle. One of the finest pieces of acting. Ever.
- Finding Nemo. Every film, animated or not, should be as well written as this one.
Four Places I Have Lived
- Boston, Massachusetts for the first three years of my life.
- After that we moved to the very conservative suburbs of Boston. Hence my need to fight back with the aforementioned sex.
- Ithaca, New York. For college. Easily the most progressive and interesting place I've lived.
- San Francisco, CA. My current home, and the place I'd like to remain. Why, you ask? Isn't it obvious? The food.
Four TV Series I Like
- Lost because it keeps me on the edge of my seat
- Scrubs because I always laugh out loud and cry during every episode
- The Amazing Race because it's my travel porn (I actually applied with my best friend -- they must not know good TV when they see it).
- Law and Order, Special Victims Unit because Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay are hot.
Four Places I’ve Been on Vacation
- Bangkok, Thailand where I left a piece of my soul.
- Florence, Italy where I ate myself sick.
- London, England where, at the age of 13, I ate every possible candy bar that existed in their country and not mine.
- Maui and Kaua'i, Hawaii because, well, it's Hawaii for fuck's sake.
Four Foods I Love
Are you fucking kidding me? I have to pick only four? OK, fine.
- French fries
Four Websites I Visit Daily
- Google. Duh.
- The stock page for Google. Double duh.
- SFGate. Because I needs my news.
- The Superficial. It's like my crack.
Four Places I’d Rather Be Right Now
- In bed
- In a restaurant
- Doing my show
- In the ocean
Four Bloggers Who Should Play
- Fatemeh, because she's my girl.
- Shuna, because she'll have way better answers than me.
- Catherine, because she could use a little fun these days.
- Jennifer, because she's just super.
"To eat is a necessity. To eat intelligently is an art."
-- La Rochefoucauld