Sometimes It's Good to Be Flaky (The 23rd, A Meme)
So Shuna, goddess of the pastries, has tagged me for this meme. Then I got tagged by my part time lover, Fatemeh. It requires me to do the following:
1. Delve into your blog archive.
2. Find your 23rd post (or closest to).
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions. Ponder it for meaning, subtext or hidden agendas...
5. Tag five people to do the same.
So mine was my Tartine post. And the sentence was:
"And their croissants are so crazy good that you will find yourself eating one in your car because you can't wait until you get to work/home/school to eat it."
I stand by my word that the croissants will rock the world of anyone who lets the tasty treats pass their lips. I also think this sentence shows the profound lack of self control that I have since I can't wait even the 1-2 fucking miles in the car to start eating it. And you people think I don't need a twelve step program. In fact, I think I may have to stop typing and go get myself one right this damn second. Except I'm going to Hawaii in three days and that involves wearing a bathing suit so I think I'll just break out the handcuffs and spend some quality time chained to the leg of the coffee table instead.
At any rate, I wish my sentence was more exciting than this one, but it's not. It really just gives you insight into what the good folks at Tower Car Wash encounter when I bring my car to them twice a year.
So, in conclusion, I tag a bunch of people who probably won't do this (and some that probably don't even have 23 posts at this point, but everyone I know in the friggin' blogosphere has been tagged for this already). Here goes:
1. Sam, because I haven't seen her entry yet so I have to figure she might not have been tagged.
2. Catherine, likewise
3. NS, who is new to the scene but fabulous nonetheless
4. Alice, because she always makes me hungry
5. The Bunrabs, who are unlikely to do this, but I love Chubby so much that I can't resist
There you have it, dolls. Tune in later this week for my *gasp* one year anniversary post. And then I'm shipping my ass off to Hawaii. Anyone that wants to chime in on where to eat on Kauai, go for it. I know about a bunch from my last trip (Kintaro, Bubba's Burgers, Tropical Taco), but if you have any fav's send them my way.
"To eat is a necessity. To eat intelligently is an art."