I've been busy. Still, that's no excuse. Here are a few restaurant thoughts from this week I thought I'd share with you:
- Why, dear Christ, WHY is 'wichcraft STILL not up to speed yet? Where are the chips? Where is the s'morewich? And why the fuck do you keep running out of shit? Have you not figured out the ordering situation in the six fucking weeks you've been open? I keep going, though, because man do those sandwiches rock my boat.
- There is no better snack than the shoestrings at Zuni. None. And because my show is only two blocks away, I have eaten my weight in them in the past two weeks.
- Delfina has white truffles now. Sometimes. I have been known to have Jon order me a bowl while I hop in a cab post-show so I can get some before the kitchen closes.
- Speaking of white truffles, we did a bad, bad thing last weekend and bought one.
- Clay over at Coco, is my personal hero. He lets me order food just before the kitchen closes on show nights so I can actually eat. Of course, the kitchen is eligible for deity status since they're the ones who put up with that shit.
- I would like to hold the world record for the person who is able to consume the most fleur de sel caramels in one sitting. I am well on my way.
- One of these days I will post about El Bulli. It will be when you least expect it. I'm trying to see just how much loathing I can inspire (seriously, though, I'm sorry).
"To eat is a necessity. To eat intelligently is an art."
-- La Rochefoucauld