Anyone Got Some Time I Can Borrow?
I just realized all of the restaurants I've visited (or re-visited) over the past six months and HAVEN'T ever reviewed. And now too much time has passed to actually do it. I guess I'll just have to go back. In the meantime, I figured I'd do free association with those I haven't had time to do justice to (number of visits -- ever -- in parentheses):
- 'wichcraft in Las Vegas: The most delicious sandwich in Vegas, hands down. (1)
- The Dining Room at the Ritz Carlton: Pure heaven. Especially the spot prawn sashimi and the orange blossom marshmallows on the petit fours cart (I mean, Christ, they have a fucking PETITS FOURS cart -- could you die?) (1)
- Manresa: More than worthy of it's reputation and freaking brilliant. Like glow in the dark brilliant. (2)
- Scott Howard: Mostly good. I'd go back just for the truffled potato puree. (1)
- Eccolo: Super delish. And they have the best lemonade anywhere. Considering I've had every lemonade in the state of California, that's a damn big compliment. The fish and chips was exceptional, as was the crispy, lime juice accented, mayo-absent coleslaw. And I usually really hate coleslaw. (2)
- Sea Salt: A gem. Incredible clam chowder, and a great wine list. (1)
- Bix: Great appetizers, great desserts, great service, ho-hum entrees. (more than 5, less than 10)
- Bounty Hunter: Yum and fun and drinkably delicious. Enough said. (1)
- Chez Panisse (the cafe): Virgin food. And everybody loves a virgin. (more than 5, less than 10)
- Koi Palace: Maddening if you go for dim sum (we're talking ready-to-eviscerate-yourself-maddening), magical if you go for dinner. (2)
- Zatar: Very good, but they run out of a LOT of shit and they only take cash. Makes it all too much work for me. (1)
"To eat is a necessity. To eat intelligently is an art."
-- La Rochefoucauld